Welcome to Our Pastoral Internship Program!
We want to help people pursuing vocational ministry understand the dynamics of effective church ministry.
Our Pastoral Internship Program is designed to develop effective church leaders in a caring environment. We provide relevant ministry experiences under the mentorship of our Board of Elders. Interns may obtain a certificate of ordination after successfully completing the two-year internship.
Dr. Joshua Carroll
Want to see what God has in store for you? Come see us and ask about our Internship opportunities!
- Relevant Ministry Experience
- Timely feedback from multiple sources
- Learn the dynamics of ministry in a variety of settings
- Specialized sessions on leadership
- Grow as a shepherd, teacher, and overseer
- Objective evaluation under the supervision of the Board of Elders
- Two kinds of certification: Ministry Certification and Pastoral Ministry Certification
The Pastoral Ministry Internship has three phases that seek to evaluate the intern in the key areas required for successful Pastoral Ministry.
Phase 1: Pastoral Heart
Key Area: Do you care about people?
Method: Elders observe person in ministry.
Phase 2: Theological Examination
Key Area: Do you have theological expertise?
Method: Written and verbal test.
Phase 3: Leadership Evaluation
Key Area: Can you influence people to serve effectively?
Method: Elder’s written evaluation and final recommendation
Two kinds of certification
Pastoral Ministry Certification